Thursday, February 8, 2018

2/8/18 Wrestling banquet

It's hard to believe it's been a year since I was at this banquet. For two years my son has had the same two wrestling coaches and even this year they are his teachers for classes as well. It would be an understatement to stay that he is attached to these two men. They have been like fathers or big brothers to him and my heart broke to see him cry at the thought of not seeing them every day after this year is concluded. I am hoping that his coaches next year are of the same caliber and give him even more reason to build positive, trusting male bonded relationships... despite the lack of fortitude in that department from his absent father.
It was a cold and blustery evening - but it warmed my heart to see the team get their awards and reap their praise for their efforts this season. To see the beam of happiness across my sons face as he sits with his friends and I wonder where the time has gone. Took a wonderful snapshot of him with his coaches at the conclusion of the event and I do believe it was the first wholly genuine smile for a photograph I have seen come from my son in the longest time. I think I will get it printed out and frame it for him.
It was a good day.
I don't get many of those... so I'm going to cherish it!

No comments:

Post a Comment