Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday the 13th - 2012


Friday the 13th 2012
I decided that I was going to keep the children home from school today and make it a four day weekend since they have Monday off for Martin Luther King Junior Day. Devoid any superstition about today's date - it seemed like the thing that was going to work out best.
We have had an on-going issue with my oldest son's teacher. I am not sure if it is just a personality conflict or the fact that she refuses to keep the lines of communication open but I just don't feel like we are on the same team. My husband says that she is flaky... but I could care less about that. She could be a whole box of flakiness and I wouldn't care if she would let me know what was going on with my kid so that he could complete the second grade and be done with it.
I spoke to the principal this morning and asked him to move my son to another second grade class at mid-term. He said that he would call me back next week to let me know his final decision. I can tell you know that it better be in accord with what I asked him or I will be contacting the school board next.
Yesterday, he came home from school with a note scrawled in his agenda book... she writes really big so that I have no room to write back and so being the bitch that I am I stapled a note to the page. I don't like her. Either way... the problem appears to be that he refused??? to do an assignment?? she go on to complain that he did the assignment but it took him 90 minutes so he was getting an "f" on it. When he got home and I talked to him about it he said that he actually was doing the assignment but that she was all over the place and he had no idea what she was asking him and once he tried to ask her she was talking to him like he was a dumbass and she had no time for him. PMTFO!! So I signed his paper and refused to ground him for it. I did however talk to him.
Yesterday was also my Father-in-law's birthday. When my husband arrived home from work we let the kids call him and sing to him. It was very cute. It looked like my husband was tearing up a little bit, which I also thought was very sweet. We talked to him and we are thinking about taking a vacation this summer to go see him.
It is gloomy out and there is still no snow on the ground. I get tired of the depressing rain.. but I am grateful that everyday it rains is a day that we do not have snow on the ground. I hate the snow - my kids would prolly string me up if they heard me saying that - but I do! I hate it with a passion. No one knows how to drive... it's cold and yucky... I would be fine if it just kept raining and we coasted on into Spring! I am actually looking forward to planting a few flowers this spring.
I would say garden... but there is no real way that I can have one here... space does not allow. I have half considered a container garden like they do on the rooftops in the city. I just don't know if we will have the extra money to invest in such a project. Gee, sure would be nice to have fresh veggies all summer long. Maybe I will look into it more and see what I can come up with.
Anyways that is all I have for today... The kids are home so I'm thinking it is a good time to bake some cookies and catch up on some Mommy time.

No comments:

Post a Comment