Wednesday, January 18, 2012

changes


I couldn't believe the weather that we had today! When I walked the children to the bus stop this morning the sun was shinning and the birds were chirping... I am guessing that we were not the only ones that think it's seemed a little like Spring outside. Well that is just fine by me!! We can continue on with Spring weather and cruise right on into summer!
I spent the majority of the day waiting for the stupid maintenence people to show up and make the repairs that we have requested consistently for 5 months now. I think my husband is about to tell them to bite the big one, fix it himself and send them the bill with next months rent. It is frustrating when you live somewhere and you pay all of this money for these so-called conveniences that they provide (or well that they are supposed to provide) and they just drop the ball and want to be slumlords.
A friend of mine works for these idiots and you wouldn't believe the shit that I hear! I know that when our lease is up the obvious choice is going to be for us to move. I am hoping that with 2012 comes a ton of positive changes that enrich our lives.
I am pleased to report that the school district has seen fit to grant my request and will be moving my oldest son to a new second grade teacher at the beginning of the term, which starts on Jan 31st! It is about time! We have suffered through two semesters with the worst teacher that I have ever met. I am suprised that I made it this far without having a knock-down drag out fight. We have endured her accusing or child of racism, calling him "bubba", neglecting to teach him and require him to work with the class, segregating him from the other students and singling him out. I could go on and on. Worst of all she refused to communicate with us at all. I have high hopes for the new instructor and I am looking forward to a better rest of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment