Thursday, April 4, 2013

5 trillion moments ago

you are there
i am here
alone inside this shell
black mascara stains
upon my pillow
where every teardrop fell
bed disheveled
from tossing & turning
hoping to find you there
no rest for the wicked
and surely no peace
heart filled with worry and care
to love so strong
to need you
here
and in all ways
to weep with joy
and not in sorrow
to get on with our lives
and all our tomorrows
to sink inside
and hide within
the safety of your arms
to fall asleep and listen to
the pounding of your heart
to feel it race
and dance
and delight
like it did at the start
when love began
between you and I
5 trillion moments ago
when you first spoke my name
when you first breathed i love you
when you looked in my eyes
when our journey became our destination
and I made you mine

No comments:

Post a Comment